Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-08-02

I woke up this morning with a rather urgent need to get back to civilization and real showers. The last few days have been fun, but there comes a tipping point where the layer of filth and woodsmoke on your skin is palpable and you almost vibrate with the need to get rid of it. The campsite did have showers available, but the facilities themselves are rather disgusting and the water temperature never gets to actually warm.

With all that in mind, Eden and I packed up and hit the road before 9. We didn't make it very far before stopping, however, as the country breakfast at the Tillamook Cheese factory called like a siren. The omelet was definitely worth stopping for, with delectable cheesy goodness drowning the whole thing amidst peppers, potatoes, sour cream, and salsa. Neither Eden nor I managed to actually finish every thing, and that's ok.

The migraine cycle decided to give me a break, I think. I was able to drive the entire way home without a twinge. We did have a bit of a scare upon arrival, as Piranha was nowhere to be seen. He'd be a bit thin and frail for the past couple of weeks and had been throwing up a lot, so we were fearing the worst for such a loyal old friend. Fortunately, after we'd pretty much given up looking for where he might have ended up, and Eden was crying over his loss (it had appeared that he may have been let out accidentally by Jon while we were gone), he appeared from nowhere to come and comfort her. Good old nurse cat habits to the rescue, I suppose. Eden had done a bit of whirlwind cleaning before we left, so our best guess is that the room rearrangement simply offered him a new hiding place.

I'm afraid that that's nearly all of the day that I managed to participate in, as my vision started being obscured by bright blue flashes of light a few minutes later, and the day's migraine came and hit me upside the head shortly thereafter. Bah.

No comments:

Post a Comment