Monday, July 5, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-07-03

Whelp, I decided to spend a portion of this morning exploring on bike, as part of my recent mission to try to treat some of my health issues by actually getting healthier. Unfortunately, that workout ended up being a lot harder than I anticipated, thanks in part to my bike having degraded significantly while in storage - the quick tire inflation I gave it wasn't nearly enough to bring it up to snuff.

Turns out it's down to two functional gears and the rear brake is half-jammed on - both facts I didn't think were too serious until I was well down the hill. I ended up slightly lost due to subtle curves in the roads I was taking, and landed deep on the south side of St. Johns, which meant a rather long trek back uphill with a bike that just didn't want to go. Oh well, at least it probably helped negate some of the calorie glut I ended up with later in the day - first day in a while that I've managed to go over budget in terms of calories.

This was, of course, mostly due to the wonderful spread that my loving wife and mother-in-law threw together for my late birthday party. We actually had far too much food for the number of people that made it, but that's ok - it's mostly stuff that'll keep (which of course means that I probably won't do any better, calorie-wise, tomorrow). We had a great time just hanging out and talking, and I even got a bit of a chance to talk with Vash and Jess about the comps for their wedding announcement - I've been having fun playing with concepts, even if most of them haven't worked out how I thought they might.

We finished out the night blowing up some of the duplicate fireworks from the two for one deals that we keep on running into - it was quite therapeutic, although I've simply got to find Eden's camera for her - she's getting some great shots (which I'm dumping the best of [in my opinion] to Flickr so you guys can see what she's doing), but I'm not getting much time behind the lens myself, since she keeps on grabbing mine! I certainly can't afford to discourage a habit that I'd love to share with her and that she has some wonderful raw talent for.

No comments:

Post a Comment