Friday, July 9, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-07-06

I've got to say that Eden's thought of buying a pair of matched sleeping bags to zip together for these trips has worked out quite well - I was perfectly warm all evening, save for a few errant moments where my having rolled the wrong way gave the chilly night air a chance to sweep in between Eden and I, as there was actually quite a lot of room in the combined beast. It made a great contrast to our last evening camping, which had kept me ice cold all night.

Since daylight had me up and at em at 6, again, I took a short walk around the camp to see if I could catch any other beasties waking up with the camera, but mostly struck out, since the cold air forced me back towards camp. Leftover firewood helped me set up a blazing fire to greet Cassie as she woke, which she was appropriately grateful for, not having had a body of her own to snuggle through the night. We threw a water pot on the fire to brew tea before it was time to leave, and amused ourselves watching the myriad chipmunks dart to and fro throughout the camp. I really wish this site was closer to home - they were fabulous characters for the lens.

Our initial departure from the campsite was aborted for a good hour or so, due to Eden having misplaced her Ipod - we tore through both cars and all bags multiple times, but simply didn't come across it until we had given up for the time being and moved on. Eden noticed it in a door pocket while we were at a rest stop, of all things.

Breakfast at IHOP in Bend was delicious, if just slightly disappointing. We saw a bloody huge groundhog just outside the front door, but he proved me right by running away just before I got back from the car with my camera - I had known that there was no chance I'd manage to nab him.

The remainder of the drive to Klamath was uneventful, and long, but it was nice to see Abe, Nichole, and their dogs again. I don't have a lot of friends of my own up north at the moment, and I've missed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment