Monday, July 12, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-07-11

Another good day for Fairy Floss - not quite the same level of selling as yesterday, but if we account for the normal doldrums of Sunday selling, I'd say we probably did even better. My parents even managed to stop by the booth and try a cone, as they were in town for another Storm Large concert. I've got to say, I'm kind of jealous - I really enjoyed the last show. In any case, we made it through another excessively warm day intact, and everyone is boiling with ideas and energy to put towards next weekend.

I spent about half of the day away from the market, myself, trying to give the girls space to work their customer magic. For whatever reason, I just wasn't finding the people or scenes I wanted to pull inspiration out of the air around the market, so I decided to do a little exploring on foot to see if I could prod myself into throwing together some architectural work. Not much luck there, in the end, even after walking 2nd and Skidmore to 10th and Glisan in a grid fashion, just to scout. I did end up running across an arcade by the name of Ground Kontrol, which I had been meaning to drag Eden to for about a year now. I threw a buck in quarters at it, but ended up deciding that the games I didn't already have in emulation form were far better in memory than as compared to modern amusements. Ah well.

I had wanted to go a bit further, but after having spent the better portion of the weekend on my feet and in the sun, I had to call it good - there just wasn't much left in me. Guess I'll just have to pick it up later.

No comments:

Post a Comment