Monday, July 12, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-07-10

Well, we had an incredible day today. Most businesses that start out at market don't end up making a profit, much less booth fees, during their first weekend. I can't brag that we've paid off the thousands of dollars in investment quite yet, but we for darn sure made more than we spent on supplies and fees. It was an auspicious beginning, and we had a lot of good feedback, both from the general public and from other vendors. Given that it was just plain viciously hot all day, it helped keep people going.

I had a bit of an interesting day, myself - I'd made a special effort to finish up writing a model release to be used both for my personal photography and to grab a few shots for advertising use for Fairy Floss. It didn't end up being the day I thought it might be, in that respect - didn't get a single release signed, nor much of anything appropriate for the advertising, but I did end up in a few conversations that might lead to semi-permanent gigs doing photographic piecework. We'll see where things go.

Actually, most of the shots I liked today were of an amazing band that was busking at Skidmore Fountain, All the Apparatus. Not only do they sound wonderful, but they have incredible energy as well! Apparently they're going to be fairly regular feature on Saturdays, so stop by and check 'em out if you're anywhere in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment