Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-05-07

Today started with all of the normal migraine warning signs, but I resolved not to waste any of my time with Eden, regardless. We had planned to see the new "Iron Man 2" opening today, but the local theater was completely sold out through Sunday. Given that, and appropriate determination, we decided to head over to Medford to make the showing there. It was a good opportunity to just talk on the way over, and let everyone get to know each other, and my head stayed within the bearable range throughout the afternoon with a little help from advil and energy drinks.

I actually quite enjoyed the movie, for the most part, but got hung up on technicalities in the action scenes for Natasha Romanoff - obviously her scenes were shot by another special effects crew (there were a couple of dozen in the credits) and the accelerated frame rate for her moves wasn't done well at all - it semed like she was moving quickly enough, but the actual frames on screen were too few to match up with the 30 frames per second of her surroundings - made her flicker something awful.

Unfortunately, the application of energy drinks for vasodilation and pain management gave out mid-way through dinner - the third energy drink of the day did nothing to blunt the pain and actually left me with a rather unpleasant tingling sensation in my extremities - time to cut off that strategy for the moment.

Depressingly, the pain just kept on ramping up from there - nearly no peripheral effects, just horrible pain driving into my skull, that actually drove me to tears shortly before bed. I can't remember the last time I cried from pain, and I'm definitely not enthused about this change in pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment