Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-05-11

Wow. I'm not liking this trend, thus far. Migrane from the get go this morning, again hitting a tear inducing crescendo mid-afternoon. Needless to say, I didn't make it to any classes, though I did stay in touch with Dr. Paratt, since he helms both of my Tuesday sessions. No schoolastic problems will be created by this particular absenteeism, I think.

Around 6 I realized that I was feeling fairly human and that it had been a while since my last Advil, so I called Abe and un-cancelled our planned spaghetti dinner. Given current symptoms, I elected to nab a ride from him to the house, rather than try to drive my unstable self.

I actually started feeling pretty good by the time I got down to Purvine hall to meet him and Nichole - beautiful sun out (appropriately shielded by sunglasses), although there was a pretty chilly wind blowing across campus.

Unfortunately, this was a false impression of the worst kind. Upon sitting down in the backseat of their car, my skull promptly imploded. Apparently the cool air was semi-numbing my skull and allowing the more vocal bits of my brain to swell. Returning to normal conditions was far beyond unpleasant - I almost asked them to just drive me the 200 feet back up to the res hall so I could lie down and call it a day.

On the plus side, things returned to bearable levels within a half hour or so, and I was able to enjoy a rather pleasant meal of spaghetti and garlic chicken among friends. I really can't ask for more in terms of ways to finish off a horrible day.

No comments:

Post a Comment