Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-05-08

Eden and I elected to spend most of today alone together, which was actually quite pleasant. We headed up to Chilonquin to visit a crafting supply store that Eden likes and one of the few used bookstores in the vicinity. The bookstore was definitely time well spent for me, as the shop has a resident feline to mind the store that was incredibly friendly, and quite theraputic for me - I just don't have any friends down here with a cat to share. I also made out like a bandit (or the proprietor did, depending on point of view) on books, taking home about a dozen volumes, mostly books that I've loved and have needed a copy of for a while.

On the way home, the surrounding daylight was about as perfect as I could ask for, with clouds in the sky, so I elected to show Eden a few of my favorite vantage points for Mt. McLoughlin and the Upper Klamath Lake. I've been meaning to put together a coherent panorma of each for a while now (my last effort had a slice missing in the middle of the composition thanks to moving the camera slightly too far). I'm rather pleased with the results, really.

Finally, we finished up the evening with a couple rounds of Apples to Apples with Abe, Nichole, and Cooper. Sadly, knowing each judge fairly well didn't offer me quite as much of a competitive advantage as I would have liked, but that's ok - it was all good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment