Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-02-27

Interesting day today. Abe asked me if I'd like to accompany him to Medford to find the Indian restaurant he'd tried to direct Jen and I to earlier in the week. I decided to fight introvert habits and join the crew. Jen and Tank weren't able to attend, but Abe's girlfriend, Nichole, and his roommate, Cooper, joined us.

It worked out to me chauffeuring the crew as they all worked on various papers on their respective laptops - very surreal trip, with very little conversation. Nichole stopped at a local tattoo shop long enough to acquire a new nose piercing (apparently this is something of a tradition with Abe & Nichole, the package deal of a new piercing and Indian food in one trip).

I ended up trying the chicken Vindaloo at India Palace, and was fairly well impressed. A good amount of heat, but not heat without flavor, which I despise. The hostess and her daughter were very attentive all evening, and were nice enough to let us try (well, most of us - I was too full to attempt it) a new desert, a frozen chai treat, for free. Turns out that her husband was the sole chef that evening, and was very understanding about dealing with our 8 separate orders (4 people present, 4 to go orders for friends). Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment