Friday, March 5, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-03-03

Today was the last meeting of my journalism class. Just have to put together my portfolio as a final, and I'm done. At the least, it'll be nice to be done with this segment of classes for dead week. I think we're going to have to set some records for study and relaxation, in equal parts, during that time. Lots to get filed in the braincase, and lots of stress to burn off. Nice, too, to have at least one class that takes dead week off - that tradition seems to be dying in most classes at OIT.

A few of my fellow students seem to have the right attitude, on that one - looks like there's going to be an interesting party on that Friday that might be worth attending, and the airsoft club is holding a fairly massive skirmish that Saturday. I'm going to hit up Jason to see if I can bum a weapon to join in - current finances mean that I wouldn't be able to pick up one of my own that'd actually be worth keeping before that point.

A&P quiz today didn't go too badly; landed with the 13/15 I've come to expect out of lecture lately - no matter what I study, there's just too much content in these chapters to hold it all in. That's ok - it's looking like I'll be coasting into finals with a well insulated B again this term - that helped a lot on keeping the stress of actually taking the test down last term.

I'd suspect the medical terminology midterm lands at about a B as well, though I probably won't have results before the final, ironically. That's ok - it's not a class I'm feeling overly worried about - it does take actual study, but enough seems to stick that the stress level is semi-low.

Today's afternoon project was bringing Jen's desktop back to life - she's been living off of a laptop for more than a year, and it'll give her a place to sit down and play with Photoshop once she finds her tablet. Moving her files to an a spare hard drive and reinstalling XP/drivers went surprisingly smoothly - I've gotten to expecting some little crisis during these things, lately. Good way to end the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment