Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-03-06

Frustrating day today. Actually, that's more than a bit of an understatement. Various factors combined such that my study group elected to skip heading to the lab today to study. Unfortunately, both of the girls had thought the other had told me about this, and were out of communication for most of the day. By the time I got a message back from Jennifer, it was far too late to take advantage of the change in plans to go see Eden for our anniversary, and the whole bit left me too wound up to get any effective studying done when I went down to the lab to study by myself.

Add to that the fact that my current AC adapter for my laptop (which I essentially live out of, these days) gave up the ghost, again. This is the eighth adapter I've had for this silly machine in a little under two years. I did try to repair the current adapter myself, but the center pin is poorly engineered (read: far too short and barely connected) and the whole thing ended up as a loss. (I was planning to take advantage of this misfortune, so to speak, to use the process for my "story" project in photography, but having the remainder of the adapter fall apart during repairs didn't work out so well.) Not a good way to improve my mood. I ordered yet another replacement to tide me over for the time being, but it's time to start looking at buying a good netbook with this year's tax return anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment