Friday, March 5, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-03-01

A&P is producing some awfully odd behavior in me. I end up feeling like I'm late when I'm less than a half hour early to class (or the CU, when we have a study session set up). I actually obsess over details of the chapter we're on outside of class, and often fall asleep loosely reviewing anatomy for lab in my head.

Today is another example of questionably sane results from that class. I feel like utter crap, dizzy and nauseous and just plain screwed up. However, given that most of this hit last night with scary abruptness, I'm relatively certain that it represents some sort of body imbalance, rather than sickness, and thus I went to class today, specifically to make it to A&P.

Honestly at this point I'm not too worried about Journalism, Photography, or Medical Terminology; I'm relatively certain that I'd be able to make up any missed content with little effort, and of course in the first two cases the classes end up feeling a little fluffy when we're down to two weeks left and I haven't gotten a single grade yet. Hard to worry effectively when it feels like what you're doing has no effect.

Not so with A&P - the darn class is such a colossal pain to get a handle on as it is, and I'd be pretty damn upset with myself if I blew my grade in it just prior to formally applying for the medical imaging program. So at this point it's full speed ahead, regardless of consequences, as long as I can be relatively sure I'm not spreading plague.

The girls made appropriately consoling noises upon encountering me, as it was readily apparent that I wasn't doing so hot. Not a good look on me, it seems. Regardless, we got in some good prep for the respective quizzes for lab and lecture.

Imagine our surprise when we got to class, and found out that both A&P and Medical Terminology were canceled. Almost a let down after making such an effort to be responsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment