Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-09-15

Strange day today. Started out by going to PCC to try to track down my financial aid status, as it has been almost two months since I turned in my application and trying to check in online or via email turned up nothing. Glad that Cassie and I went in today, as there were no fewer than 46 people in line ahead of us when we got there, and the gal manning the desk simply stopped issuing numbers shortly after we arrived.

Long story short, no one in the financial aid office knows how to access the financial aid email(!), so my queries may as well have gone into the ether. As a secondary bit, my FAFSA application should have had a single line changed when I changed from OIT to PCC; as I was not advised of this, even after explicitly asking if everything was in good order and providing paper copies of everything to the office, my application will not officially even start being processed until next week and will likely not be paid out until late October. Bleh. I'm just really annoyed, and frustrated, because it feels like I've been doing everything that could be reasonably expected to get this going, and it still didn't help.

On the plus side, I did get confirmation from the Clemen's foundation that their contribution towards my tuition will not be impaired by the change of locale, which is awesome, as it was a source of some concern.

The final tidbit of today's confusion arrived just a few hours ago - a notice from the national archives that they don't have a copy of my DD-214 to send so that I can see about some veteran's healthcare; apparently the Navy never sent the records over. So the request has been passed on to naval command, and we'll see how long that takes. At least it explains how long it's taken to get a response from these folks so far... Need to get a response soonish, though - migraines are headed back to worse (though the duration of each attack is back down to perhaps a few hours, which is good), and I'd love to get a medical opinion on increasing my ADD meds to compensate for my apparent adaptation to current levels. We'll just have to see what the future brings, in this regard.

No comments:

Post a Comment