Friday, April 16, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-04-15

Tax day wasn't too intimidating. Still haven't gotten word back from the Feds on why my return hasn't been processed; going to have to call in again as soon as their phone lines calm down a bit. Fortunately Eden and I aren't too terribly pressed for cash right now, but it'd sure be nice to have a bit of a buffer to get the cars fixed.

Chem lab was actually fairly interesting. Got a chance to play with spectral absorbency, which is a subject that was completely skipped in the online version of the class, although I was familiar with the concept from physics.... I can see a lot of utility for this in engineering, I think.

Nick bought a copy of the basic set of "Settlers of Catan" and was desperate to play it, so we spent most of the evening scarfing down pizza (tax day specials - the boys ended up buying 6 pizzas total and throwing most of em in the fridge to feed for the next few days - college kids can be astonishingly practical, sometimes) and testing out the game. I was actually quite impressed - it's complex without being overwhelming for a board game - kind of like a bastardized combination of Risk and Civilization.

We ended up playing 3 games in a row, and I'm almost ashamed to admit that as soon as we got done, I went online and found the Ipod implementation. It's rather addicting, I think, and I'm definitely going to have to invest in a copy (and perhaps a few of the expansions) by the time I move out. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment