Monday, April 26, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-04-23

Given that my migraines cycles have been longer and more intense lately, I decided a while ago to try to get some more control over them with the help of Student Health. My trust level for the medical staff there isn't high, and the insurance company they're attached to (Atena) has not been faithful about paying for referrals, so I was a little reluctant.

Regardless, while I haven't had a migraine since I went in to get this checked out (end of last cycle was a few days before, making this somewhat futile, so far), they have glommed on to a nice little blood pressure spike that hasn't been consistent before (I did have intermittent pressure spikes while in the Navy, but never consistently high between two different measurements). Having had my pressure checked three times over the last week has resulted in readings that keep on creeping slightly higher each time, in the 90/140 range. Not good, overall, but perhaps something that can be fixed and have a cascading effect on making me feel better in general.

Blood tests due on Monday should give a better picture of what's going on to cause this; in the meantime, the RN has thrown me on a low dose of BP meds to see if there's any positive reaction. We'll see, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment