Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-05-15

Given that calling Eden early was not an option, I took Cooper up on an offer to accompany him for a balloon launch that his club was participating in - I wasn't aware of it prior to this point, but he's involved in the NASA Edge of Space grant for OIT - pretty cool stuff. Unfortunately, helping him out meant a lot of keeping track of the balloon transponder, gps, and roads simultaneously at speed, a prospect that did not sit well with my stomach at all, due to the constantly changing depth of field.

Regardless, they managed to track things down all right, and I got a chance to get a hold of Eden once we were back in signal range and sort things out a bit from last night. We're ok, for now, and I was in stable enough spirits to be sure to grab a few pictures of the Sasquatch we saw along the road for Eden's step-father, Jon - I think he'll get a kick out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment