Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-06-30

Another rough day today... really rough. Got my answer from the Medical Imaging, which was that I was not accepted into the program, but I'm on the fill in list if someone decides that they don't want to go through with it (after going to all the trouble and effort to get in.) I'm afraid I'm rather impressively devastated, although I've tried to keep at least somewhat positive. It seems to have left me in kind of a manic/panic of trying to pull things together. According to my advisor, this year was "very competitive, especially for the Radiology program..." - cold comfort, but I guess I'll just have to work on a better position for next year.

The morning's migraine seemed to have finally almost worked itself out by the time I'd gotten on the horn with Abe to let him know the bad news (this ends up meaning that he's down yet another tenant for next year). Unfortunately, Mikey decided to use me as a ladder mid-call and slashed the hell out of my neck on the way up - Eden said she could hear my skin snap from across the room. Darn near passed out from that kicking my migraine back into high gear in a fraction of a second.

In any case, it looks like Eden and I will be headed back to Klamath Falls next week to pick up all of the stuff I left with Abe and Nichole... we're even considering camping a night on the way down, since there are a number of sites on the way that we keep on saying we should visit. I also put together a provisional schedule for the fall at PCC - I'm aiming to retake all of the courses that the selection board will look at next year. I'd love to improve all of my grades, but honestly, I'll be happy if I can just keep most of this in my head and improve a few while I'm waiting for my next chance. I'll be headed by PCC tomorrow to talk with all of the relevant people to figure out how I can make this happen - once I've got that handled, I'll have to talk to the Clemens Foundation about their scholarship and what this rejection will mean for them.

Honestly, all I can do is try to keep moving forward, right?

Eden did a good job of keeping me busy with errands, and we did have a little fun with a mission from Jon. I rather like the way the Scheans family handles fireworks - Jon throws money at Eden, she runs around to all of the local stands and buys a bunch of explosives, and I end up lighting most of them. I should also mention that she did a great job with dinner tonight as well - grilled Cod and Strawberry Shortcake!

No comments:

Post a Comment