Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-06-26

34 years spent spinning around the sun today, as of 2:32 am (Central). At the moment, pretty much everyone is out of town or had unavoidable plans, so we're actually planning to celebrate more vigorously later, leaving today as fairly non-interactive.

As it turns out, that was some darn good timing. Woke up with a pretty fierce headache running ear to ear, which was only slightly muted by the scalding hot shower I snuck in before we headed off to set up for market. I ended up not really feeing like eating most of the day, which made the effects of the Amp I downed to combat the migraine a bit more potent than usual. I was more or less out of pain by the time we had Eden set up, but all of the secondary effects were blown out of proportion.

On the way towards my appointment with Vash and Jess, I spent three minutes waiting for a stop sign to change, blew through a red light (fortunately unoccupied), and then got myself lost for about a half hour. I can actually see how some people end up with a DUI on their record now (not that I condone getting behind the wheel after drinking - I can just see how things progress once you're there). Too much time thinking "I just need to hold together until I can get someplace to stop". Ah well; those were really the worst moments, and, other than the red light, not really dangerous, just inconvenient.

I did manage to pull myself back together prior to arriving, and by the time Vash and Jess were painted up for their shoot (for "save the date" announcements for their upcoming wedding), I was pretty much back in my head and back in control. I managed to have a lot of fun working with them, despite a significant lack of practical experience in controlled lighting situations and a few technical difficulties along the way. I'm really happy with the way the photos turned out, and I can't wait to have enough free time to actually play with them in designing mockups.

After market, we reconveined with Vash and Jess and a number of their friends at Sam's, the local pool hall, as we didn't actually have any plans for the remainder of the day. I've got to say, Sean makes a mighty tasty Gin and Tonic (with muddled lime!)

No comments:

Post a Comment