Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-05-19

It's never a good thing when the mechanic says "that's really cool!" I took the car in to Turn Thomb Tire Factory to see about getting the thing repaired, and in the process ended up having them take a swing at figuring out why I've been leaving slow dripping oil slicks around.

The tire was a complete loss; apparently the steel belt started coming through the rubber due to the tire itself rubbing against the wheel well; it'd been a bit off balance for a while. As to the oil issue, apparently this is due to a faulty seal that isn't that big a deal on it's own, as it's not in a position to leak when parked. The oil flow is due to the oil being drawn up from air flow and spraying across the interior of the hood.

I ended up leaving the car at the shop all afternoon to get things done; unfortunately this ended up meaning walking back to Abe and Nichole's, since I'd loaned my phone to Abe earlier in the day due to issues with his own.

Bottom line, they were able to change out my tires for new and realign everything, but will have to wait for Friday to fix the valve bit. Damage so far: $432. Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment