Monday, February 1, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-01-28

Semi-frustrating day today - spent most of it driving around trying for pics for Monday's article, since I'll be out of the area for the weekend. My odometer has moved another 200 miles, but I really didn't get much (in quantity) that I'll be able to use. Good quality on the few birds I did find, but I'm really liking that Professor Matthies has chosen to accompany my stories with an array of photos, rather than a single frame. Works well with trying to establish some professional chops.

I even spent an hour or two at Eagle Ridge Park looking for raptors, didn't see any avians other than a few sparrows. Very nice landscape, though, as the morning mist covered the marsh there in a very magical way.

I did end up relatively close to Crater Lake, and got a few photos there that I think I'll be able to use for that story when the time comes; seemed prudent to stop by, given that local weather has been fickle, at best.

The evening shaped up pretty well, though. Josh, Jennifer, and I got a chance to relax a bit with Munchkin and pizza, and I got to meet their friend Dean along the way. It's turning out to be a nice, regular way to mark making it past the hump each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment