Saturday, February 6, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-02-05

I'm afraid I may have embarassed Jen a bit today, although she doesn't know it yet. I happened to mention to Dr. Torres that it was her birthday.... which unfortunately highlighted the fact that she didn't happen to make it to class. As it turns out, she was feeling a bit poorly in the morning, and hadn't gotten out of bed yet.

Fortunately, Dayquil managed to help her rally enough to make it to her birthday party on the evening at the local Vietnamese restaurant, Pho Hong. I had already half-appologized to Eden for going out for Vietnamese without her, but boy, I didn't know exactly how heartfelt that should have been! Exquisite food there - their garlic chicken was unbelievable in every sense of the word. Hot, spicy, and massively flavorful, with huge portion sizes. I'm afraid I hurt myself just a little eating it, as I couldn't stand to leave any behind.

I got to meet a few more of Jen and Tank's friends as well, people that I think I'll get along with fabulously. One of the highlights of the evening was a gift from her friend Rob, in the form of a handmade Invader Zim doll. The guy seems to have quite a lot of talent, there!

More evidence of mutually compatible viewpoints came in several forms, not the least of which was an unprompted invite to join the group's ongoing DnD campaign. We didn't actually get a chance to play, as it was late and my character had not yet been created, but it seems like I'll have a fairly regular Friday event in the coming weeks. Jason was a bit of a character (possibly several), giving us a fairly convincing impression of Jayne Cobb of the Firefly series, as well as bringing out his new Airsoft gun for Jen to fondle. The tomboyish streak I love in her was readily apparent in the lustful glow of her eyes.

While I still haven't managed to get a solo shot of Josh that I care for much, I did get a few of him and Jen together that illustrate the vibrancy of their relationship nicely. I can't say I didn't regret leaving my shorter lens with Eden, however; 50 mm is a bit more magnification than I'd like to work with on close shots.

It was a good night, all together, and it captured the kind of birthday I really enjoy - just a small, intimate gathering of friends that are utterly comfortable with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment