Monday, February 1, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-01-29

Jennifer and I dashed for the car just as soon as class let out today, heading north for Portland to surprise Cassie for her birthday at the ChocolateFest. It was a great opportunity to let her meet my friends and family, and to give them some idea of who the people I've been prattling on about are.

The event was absolutely swarmed with people, and had an incredible variety of quality confections. While I enjoyed nearly everything I picked up, I have to comment on one of the several chocolate covered bacon concepts. I only ended up trying one, because the experience of tasting some of the most delectable chocolate utterly ruined by horribly low grade meat tempered with awful chemical smoke flavor was just stunningly painful.

While not all of Cassie's friends were able to make it, it was nice to spend the night with old acquaintances and new. One of Cassie and Nick's prior shipmates, Scuppers, even made it out. Wonderful character, there, and a bountiful source of stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment