Friday, February 12, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-02-10

Low effort day today, other than cramming before the A&P midterm. Think that went fairly ok; I'd expect to land somewhere in the B range, if my perception on what I did and didn't know is right.

Journalism slid by very quickly, to my mind - without an article this week I just don't have a lot to contribute. Medical Terminology went by lightning fast as well, as we only stayed long enough for the weekly quiz; no new terms. Pretty sure I only missed one on that - for some reason I couldn't bring the word root for thirst to mind, even though I'd had no problems at all with it earlier and in fact kept on drilling Jen with a couple of mnemonic tricks for it because she couldn't hold on to that one during our study. Ah well, I still feel pretty good about my performance, there.

I did stop by the weekly OTB meeting, since the crew has more or less convinced me that it's something I'd like to participate in at some level. Got propositioned to be a gigolo there, among other things (for a skit), for whatever that's worth. Not sure what I'll end up doing there - more than likely I'll decide just to tag along for a few filming runs to get a feel for things.

Energy levels all around were low; we had planned a poker rematch as a stress release, but Tank had a programming project due at midnight and we just weren't feeling all that active. Thus, movie night.

Our selection for the evening was "Lesbian Vampire Killers", which had been highly recommended by Eden and was one I had been meaning to see for a while. Now I know, with a name like that you might get a few ideas as to where the film is going, but honestly it was just a wonderfully campy British horror-comedy, much in the vein of Shaun of the Dead. Of course I had to introduce them to "The IT Crowd" after that - British comedy roxxors, and they'd never even heard of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment