Thursday, February 25, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-02-23

Dr. Torres is apparently out of town for the rest of the week, which meant that the new A&P teacher, Professor Kowash, filled in in lab today. I think the intervening months between the last time I encountered her and now have been very good for her teaching style, as she was much more thorough and well-paced this time around. She did quite a good job at making vascular constructs palatable, which is no mean feat - hard to keep track of exactly where all of the various veins and arteries end up along the way.

Art 207 - Assignment 6 - Klamath Falls Overlook Montage
Art 207 - Assignment 7 - Jenny Triptych

Two more assignments turned in for my photography class today. I'm actually rather pleased with the triptych; it suits Jen very well. The montage, not so much, although I suppose the format hides the fact that I missed about 2 or 3 degrees of landscape along the way to some degree. I just don't see a whole lot of point to not making it a composite or panorama. A little frustrated, too, that it doesn't seem that we're actually learning much in the class lately - all we have are assignments with little instruction beyond very basic definitions.

We had dinner tonight at a local Japanese restaurant, Hanayori. I have to admit, I really wasn't impressed with the quality, or the prices. Seriously, one dab of pickled ginger for the entire meal? That's just wrong. At least it gave me an excuse to bully Jen and Tank into promising to accompany Eden and I to Sushi Tsunami the next time there's an opportunity - now there's some darn fine eating.

Plans to finally get around to bowling tonight were quashed, as it turns out that Tuesdays are league night at the local lanes. Snow started coming down like crazy on the way home, so perhaps it worked out better after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment