Thursday, January 7, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-01-07

A&P lab was interesting today, not least because the teacher I signed up for (Torres) isn't teaching this section. Turns out he got bumped from that slot to make room for a new hire. Not to worry, though - he has a similar section on Tuesday that we should be able to move to; I have an appointment for a signature after class tomorrow. That's another bit of news - Jennifer had thought she wasn't going to be able to take A&P this term, which would have cost me half of my study buddies. She juggled a bit and talked with the department and it looks like she's good to go there. With the move to a Tuesday lab, we're already thinking of a study session as soon as Sunday or Monday night. Throwing things on the school blog has already helped a bit, in motivation. I had the flashcards for today's lab lecture done this morning before it was technically taught.

My photography course, in turn, was a bit astonishing, to be honest. Towards the end of the class the instructor mentioned a bit of agonizing about how to gather the classes' photos for efficient display, etc. Another student mentioned flickr as a possible vehicle, and the idea stuck, although said student had difficulty pulling up his own account. I was drafted to create a quick group and give the instructor a crash course in signing up and uploading to the service. I have to say, I think that this'll make things even more interesting for me in the class, as at the moment I'm the primary administrator for the group. If any of you get a wild hair and want to see the class submissions (please don't join the group unless you're in the class; right now it's unsecured so that students can join), have a look at http://www.flickr.com/groups/oitart207/ - there probably won't be much there until next week, as our first assignment isn't due until Tuesday.

The night finished out going to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie with Nick and Chad. I have to say that it wasn't quite what I expected, but it was very enjoyable. I think I can say without any fear of spoilage that the credit for costume designer given at the end of the film was absolutely perfect and honestly one of my favorite parts of the flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment