Monday, January 25, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-01-23

Today did not go quite as I had planned it. Not that that's a bad thing. I had originally planned to drag Jennifer and Josh to Crater Lake to do an article for journalism, but that turned out to be a bust for the moment, since Jennifer is feeling fairly sickly. We've rescheduled for tomorrow and that should work out fine.

Instead, I took a few hours of the afternoon to check out the Klamath Wildlife area down by Miller's island, since I'd seen a sign for it from the highway the other day. As it turns out, this was just another approach to an area I'd already visited, that proved to be a decent spot for wild turkeys earlier in the year. Unfortunately, no one told the wildlife that they were supposed to still man the spot this late in the season, so the only wildlife I encountered was a feral cat stalking through the fields.

Since I was fairly close already, I went back to the Lower Klamath Wildlife Refuge to see about some more Bald Eagle pictures, but they weren't in the mood to fish and steadfastly positioned themselves for horribly mediocre silhouette style pics. I did get a couple more Swainson's Hawk pictures that turned out quite nice, but I've been seeing those guys everywhere for months, which probably means that they won't prove to be terribly fiscally viable. Ah well, sometimes you've got to shoot just for the sake of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment