Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-01-12

Rough test today in A&P lab. Seems likely that my score of 10/15 is going to be my dropped test at the end of the semester; at least I hope it will be my lowest score of the term. Think I got a little confused when Torres started describing which structure he was looking for based on function, while illustrating the position of said structure on one of the models that didn't point out said structure in our study guide. Going to have to work more on relating names to functionality next time round.

20100111IMG_6421 - Art 207 - Assignment 1.1 - "Framed Student Bodies"20100111IMG_6445 - Art 207 - Assignment 1.2 - "Framed Student Bodies"20100112IMG_6465 - Art 207 - Assignment 1.3 - "Framed Student Bodies"

These are the photos I decided to go with for my photography assignment. If you care to, you'll see a number of other candidates in my photostream. They're not as wonderful as I would have liked, but suitable, and honestly probably pretty decent if you judge based on the handicap of a nearly constant migraine for the last week or so. Hopeful news on that front; killer migraine today yet again, but we had some brief blue skies this afternoon, so perhaps the constant trigger of overcast days will break long enough for me to get rid of this cycle.

The photography class today was interesting again; for my own photos, the one of Jennifer was of course the popular choice for commentary from the class - given that I haven't really taken a bad picture of her yet, it's easy to see why. Other students submissions were revealing; there's a wide range of inherent ability within the class - some students had pretty amazing stuff, although not all of the wonderful photos technically fell within the assignment definition. Professor Becerra didn't seem to mind that at all; seemed like this was more for him to get a feel for the skill level within the class.

I did have a couple of revealing epiphanies today, the first of which being that since I moved my A&P lab to Tuesday, my week will have an abrupt downslope after Wednesday, with a single class meeting on Thursday and Friday. I'm looking forward to enjoying that. The second is that there's something going on this term in most of my classes. Not entirely sure what it is, or how to describe it, but it's almost a teacher's pet thing, only actually positive. Torres has taken to checking in with me almost every session to remind him where he left off in lecture, because he knows that I'm good about keeping notes, if not actually retaining the content therein. Becerra, my photography teacher, is leaning on me a bit to get him going on some of the flickr stuff and I've had a number of opportunities to help out the other students already. I guess the easiest way to put it is that I wouldn't be comfortable as a tutor in either subject (certainly not A&P!), but I like having people be able to rely on me. Here's hoping the feeling continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment