Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-01-14

Good day today, spent most of it setting up for the trip up to Vancouver to see Eden. Obviously I'm not going to post this blog entry until after I've arrived, because that would just give it away. Cassie and Suzanne are in on the plan, which is pretty cool. There's only going to be so many times I can pull this trick, before Eden just assumes I'm coming up. Maybe I'll try reversing the trend. There was some possibility that Jennifer would be joining me on the trip up, which would have been awesome, as I've been wanting them to meet pretty much since I met Jennifer, since she and Eden have a massive amount in common, including a history in ceramics, although they come to it from different directions. Unfortunately, that didn't work out this time, but may the next time I head up.

That's a shame, because the evil part of me wanted to set up an prank for Eden, wherein she'd come across Jennifer posing as the "other woman" at a restaurant or somesuch. Fortunately, common sense and a conversation with Cassie pointed out that this might be a bad idea.

We did get a chance to go and see the new movie Daybreakers as part of the local student discount program, which was actually quite good, if a little conveninent in the selected resolution. At the least, it held up better than a lot of recent vampire movies, except perhaps "The Vampire's Assistant", which I enjoyed quite a bit as well. I ended up spending a good 20 minutes at the end of the movie looking frantically for my car keys, before realizing that I'd stashed them in my back pocket for some reason.

I spent most of the early afternoon down at the Lower Klamath Basin Wildlife Refuge shooting - I think I got some really excellent shots, including a few of Bald and Golden Eagles, which don't normally show up (according to this information I'd found) until mid-February. I'm hoping to use these shots for a potential article for my journalism class. I did end up making it to my photography class a touch late, as I misjudged the time it'd take to get back to class. Professor Becerra didn't ask for an excuse, but I think that being late due to shooting might be the best excuse I could have offered.

I am having a bit of trouble getting to sleep tonight, I think maybe that has something to do with the excitement of planning for this trip. I've been planning it ever since I looked at the schedule and saw MLK day off. I know it's a national holiday and I end up with it off pretty much every year, but somehow it always sneaks up on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment