Monday, January 11, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-01-10

Spent most of the day running around town, looking for likely subjects for my photography assignment. Got a number of good shots, but I'm not sure I have what I need. The idea is to shoot a trio of pics with a theme that fit the current assignment, which is the concept of frame within a frame, i.e. using branches, walls, etc to establish edges around a central subject. I picked a few different concepts to play with, but I might have to go back out to make sure I get three along the same line that I'm happy with. It's not technically due until 5pm on Tuesday, so I'm all right there, but I'll have classes both days competing for my time. We'll see what things look like on the big screen shortly. If nothing else, I got to meet a few very nice horses along the way (not in relation to the project; they just happened to be local to a trail I was following and I had to go say hi.)

Unfortunately, with the skies being so overcast lately, migraines are never far away, and I was only able to push for three hours or so before it was just too much. I did notice a very peculiar weather phenomenon while I was out, though - the fog I mentioned on the way into town, which has been more or less covering the school for days, is still present. Going downtown, however, reveals that most of the center of the city is completely clear of it, while all of the mountains and elevated hills around are completely covered. I'm sure it'd be a fascinating shot from the right vantage point. Unfortunately, I don't have any friends with a pilot's license as yet... ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment