Friday, January 22, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-01-22

Terribly scary morning today - hit black ice at about 35 mph down at the Lava Beds National Monument and missed a turn. Somehow I managed not to do any significant damage to the car, other than donating a bit of paint and peeling back some of the plastic undercarriage airfoil.

Spent a good two hours plus waiting for triple A at the visitor's center and spent some time talking with a very nice ranger by the name of Travis that also happened to grow up in Minnesota. I actually spent a bit of (very theraputic) time shoveling snow with him while we waited; excellent way to work off excess adrenaline, and satisfyingly exhausting. In any case, I'll have to remember to thank Jon and Suzanne in person the next time I see them, since the only reason I have triple A at the moment is because they were kind enough to buy me a year's worth of service for Christmas.

Ironically, half the reason I was down there was to look into taking some shots of the caves and perhaps pulling together an interview of some of the tourists for Journalism. Unfortunately as it turns out, the caves were pretty much inaccessible and I was the only non-employee down there for the duration. Perhaps that will have to be a later article.

No comments:

Post a Comment