Thursday, January 14, 2010

Daily Post (Josh) 2010-01-13

So I've been stressing out for the last several days because I didn't have a good idea for a "beat" for my journalism class, and the teacher wanted at least some level of commitment to one today. Halfway to class, I had the huge "duh" moment of writing about things to do around Klamath, which should be easier to make interesting than my fallback concept of dorm cooking, and should coincide with my photography interests quite nicely.

Classes felt pretty rough, as we had weekly quizzes in both A&P and medical terminology. While Roxanne was out today due to having to take care of a sick Ivy, I feel like Jennifer and I got a decent amount of learning done, using the hour before and the hour after A&P to work flashcards. Looks like it'll end up being a more reasonable study schedule than meeting once a week at Roxanne's, like we did last term. I might even try to talk the girls into maintaining the hour gap between classes for the same purpose next term. That said, I am also trying to talk them into making the A&P study group on Tuedsay nights that's run by Sierra Miller; I went to the first one of the term a few nights ago and it seemed beneficial, if only to get the perspective of other teachers' emphases for the final. We'll just have to see what kind of buy-in I can coax out of them .

No comments:

Post a Comment